The kitchen is probably one the busiest spaces of your home, especially when you have a family. It’s where the cooking gets done, food and drinks are kept and not forgetting where all your crockery is kept.
Let’s face it, sometimes its bound to get chaotic in your kitchen so a method to keeping it in check is by having it strategically organised for optimum functionality. Start with going through everything Once you’ve weeded out all the unnecessary clutter, you can start organising!
Turntables are a great alternative to spice racks as it helps make dead spaces more functional. It’s also an easier way to access your spices without shuffling through bottles.
Think out of the box and turn a pegboard into a way to set up your pantry. This also works well when you have a small kitchen with limited cabinet space.
A simple way to neatly organise your baking trays, serving platters, and muffin trays is by filing them vertically. You can create slots for them by using tension rods or a cutting board holder. You could also create a slotted shelf area in your cabinet.
The fastest way to grab your spices or other ingredients without confusion is by having everything labelled. This is especially useful for when you’re in a hurry and looking at all your containers with different filling can be overwhelming. The last thing you want is to mix up your salt and sugar when cooking or baking.
Written by Melanie Abraham
- Embracing Talent, Creating Change: 10 Defining Moments at the 2023 Atap Design Awards
- Wells The One: The Game-Changing Multi-Functional Water Purifier
- Bring Prosperity Home With 3 Lucky Colours Of The Wood Dragon This Chinese New Year
- Atap’s Picks: Products of The Year 2023
- Embracing Talent, Creating Change: Atap Design Awards 2023 Winner’s List (Part 1)